Friday 16 October 2015

Whitsuntide Russo Greek Orthodox Church

This is near Thorsby, Alberta on October 5, 2015 and was too nice not to stop and take a photo or two. Anyone who reads this site knows I am a fan of churches although I am not all that religious. Alberta, like anyplace, will have pockets of certain things in parts of the province. You will see these usually in the capital region. I have yet to see any in small towns anywhere else outside this area. I do not recall ever seeing this particular one before.

Certain groups spread out all over. The Ukrainians tended to be in one area. I have seen Lutheran, Catholic, Anglican, and United churches all over the province. In some grade schools in Alberta Ukrainian was a language option. It might still be offered, my cousin took it as an option in school years ago. 






No comments:

Post a Comment