Tuesday 20 October 2015

Monitor, Alberta October 10, 2015

People do live in Monitor. It is a small place, buildings that are still in use are right beside this building. The post office is abandoned. I am glad they never tore it down. Buildings like this are rare.


I never got the false fronts on buildings. The intent was to make them appear bigger than what they were. Obviously it never fooled anyone. I would guess it was one of those things at one time that became so ingrained people just automatically incorporated them.


2 comments:

  1. I'm surprised you didn't take a picture of the Anglican Church in Monitor. It's the second oldest one still in use in Alberta.

    Mark

    ReplyDelete
  2. The reminds me of the false front buildings that were made for the old western movie sets. Good photos!

    ReplyDelete