Tuesday 7 May 2024

Tragedy strikes

My favourite nurse is going on vacation for six weeks. By the time she gets back I should (fingers crossed) be paroled from this place.

I shall genuinely miss her. She is always happy, has a great attitude, and makes being here bearable. The funny thing is that she is originally from another country and due to her accent I am understanding about half of what she says. No matter, she is a joy to be around. I have had a few dark days here and running across her during the day makes the day better. I have told her she is my favourite nurse and thanked her for looking out for me.

I will tell the appropriate people that I think she is a stand out nurse and does a great job. I want them to know. When I heal up and get more mobile in the months ahead I want to return to thank her once again. I think it is important.

4 comments:

  1. The nerve of her wanting to take holidays just when you need her. Kidding aside, telling her supervisors how much she is appreciated (particularly if you put it in writing) is a good thing. I'm sure most people simply take the nurses for granted and, even if they do thank them, it would be verbally. Having a written bit of praise that could be put in their file might go a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is excellent advice from Magpie's Mumblings. Too often, folks like your favourite nurse get complaints, but rarely compliments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. She sounds like a great nurse! And her joyful attitude shows she is a true healer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree that compliments to the administration are a great idea

    ReplyDelete