Monday 3 July 2017

Skyline Lutheran Church June 17, 2017

Dedicated in 1932, no longer in regular use. This is near Provost, Alberta on the top of a hill. Harsch School, later changed to Skyline,  was here beside the church. 


The pump is a bit unique. I am guessing it was part of the school as the school was built here first.


I thought this place was abandoned. When I got here there was a family mowing the grass and tending to some graves. It is well looked after. I was told the church was open and I could look inside.


I was told it is used for the occasional wedding and special event. Beautiful spot.




6 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful old church. Nice that it is still used.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beauty!
    Blessings on those who care for it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great place!! I'd love to see it someday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful to see the church again. Your photos are very well done. My grandfather, a member of the local Norwegian community, donated the land for this church and the school. My father, as a boy, helped stuff the kneeling railing with straw. Many of my relatives are buried there. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cool place and a historical link to my family in Norway.

    ReplyDelete