Friday 7 July 2017

Road trip? I could use some down time actually . . .

A client of mine has a motorcycle. About two weeks ago I ran across him and he remarked he did not have anyone to ride with. He moved here from British Columbia a few years ago. I asked if he was interesting in meeting up sometime and if so I would contact him. He seemed interested. In reality most of the time when people say they want to get together you never hear from them again. At the time I did not really think much about it. 

Yesterday the weather was perfect and the temperature was about 30C. I sent him an email asking if he wanted to go for a ride. Easy sell. We took some roads he had never been on, east from Airdrie to the Bleriot Ferry which is a little north of Drumheller to Wayne (south of Drumheller) and back to Airdrie. About four hours and over one hundred fifty miles on motorcycles. I got home just after ten at night and there was still light. He must have liked it. He wants to do a trip again sometime.

Tonight is sitting out in the sun enjoying a drink or three. My nephew's birthday is tomorrow. I cannot miss that. The weather looks to be stellar this weekend and I have no other plans. No plans are sometimes the best plans. I hope everyone has a memorable weekend.

What does a grain elevator at Meota, Saskatchewan from July 1, 2017 have to do with this post? Absolutely nothing. Sometimes I feel like posting a grain elevator. 

6 comments:

  1. Grain elevators are always a good idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good time was had by all... and anytime is good for a grain elevator... or a hay bale... LOL...have a nice weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good times, good pics, what more could you ask for.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been exhausted lately. I may not have the energy to do anything this weekend.

      Delete
    2. It must be going around, I have been running on sheer will power of late.

      Delete