Thursday 27 July 2017

Cappon, Alberta July 16, 2017

There was never really much at Cappon. Now there is even less. This spot is kind of remote and there is a fair amount of gravel road to get there. Cappon has no direct route to it either. I tried to get here a year ago and it has been on my list for some time. This place is not on a road map. I had a backroads atlas and I missed it on my first attempt because I could not find it. Google Maps was useless. It is marked on Google Maps however there is no cell phone coverage here. This time I had a map of just this area with it marked and I managed to find it.  

School marker. The community hall is the former school.


Hall.


Where the post office once stood.


Old weather vane on a fence post. 


A quick look at the landscape.


4 comments:

  1. Really cool BW! Glad you found it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like how they have at least put permanent (and attractive) markers where the old buildings stood. That's important. It helps preserve the past.

    ReplyDelete