Wednesday 3 April 2024

Apple juice

Everyday I get apple juice. Sometimes twice a day. Sometimes I cannot keep up with it and it stacks up until I manage to drink it and clear it out. I got reminded of an Alan King bit I saw on tv decades ago. What follows is a greatly condensed version. For the record I do not mind apple juice.

When I was in the hospital they gave me apple juice every morning, even after I told them I didn't like it. I had to get even. One morning, I poured the apple juice into the specimen tube. The nurse held it up and said, 'It's a little cloudy.' I took the tube from her and said, 'Let me run it through again,' and drank it. The nurse fainted.”

4 comments:

  1. Doctors still pushing an apple a day on you.
    Dave

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this! Made me laugh. Glad your sense of humour is intact. And just for the record I hate fruit juice other than cranberry so I wouldn't be drinking it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohh,Schiiit!! That is hilarious..

    ReplyDelete