Saturday 22 June 2024

Some news

My stay in the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital has been extended to August 8th from July 5th. I have another follow up with my surgeon on June 26 at the University of Alberta Hospital, my last one was on May 15. Some x-rays will be taken and my doctor will update me on how I have been healing and how I am progressing.

I am damn happy to have my stay extended. I am making progress and I have been pushing myself however I know that I was not going to be ready to be discharged on July 5th. I have not progressed enough. On Thursday I pushed myself to walk thirty-three feet in the walker, my longest distance yet. I felt damn good. On Friday I was hampered by pain all day and could not gather the strength to try walking after I did the other exercises. The pain was too much. There is no physio on the weekend so I am going to take some time to heal and throw myself back into it on Monday.

As I said, I am ecstatic to stay here longer. I do not want to be in the hospital but on the other hand I want to squeeze every bit of help and healing I can from this place before leaving.

I have a few friends who have contributed some posts for this blog for which I am grateful. I have nothing to post other than my experiences being in the hospital. I hope to change that one day. For now, this blog gives me a bit of an outlet while I am here and I appreciate you sticking with me.

 

6 comments:

  1. I am awed by your attitude! Many people would be so depressed over having their stay extended but you are doing the right thing and being realistic enough to know that you're not ready. Hang in there (and we will too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You and your legs are making heroic efforts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you have sense enough to be happy to be staying longer. Too many go home before they are ready, only to end up back in the hospital or rehab due to either re-injuring themselves or from new injuries due to falling.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good attitude these days. Keep up the careful work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praising God for giving you His strength.
    I follow another blog where she blogged about her journey with cancer. I need to catch up with your posts, but your journey could be helpful to others also.
    Be safe and God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm glad you are getting the care you need to get back on your feet and back in action. Looking forward to seeing your adventures resume.

    ReplyDelete