Saturday 27 June 2020

Shaken not stirred

From June 19, 2020 to June 21, 2020 I made a mad dash from Leduc, Alberta to a bit east of Weyburn, Saskatchewan and back. I needed a break and I wanted to see a few things that I missed on prior trips.

Roads in Saskatchewan can be . . . interesting. I would almost venture that highways in war zones are smoother than some Saskatchewan highways. With the many bumps, heaves, potholes combined with how stiff the suspension is in my 2010 Ford Ranger Sport that if I had cream in the back of the truck it might have been churned into butter by the time I got off some roads. The gravel roads were smoother. 

3 comments:

  1. Yes, the roads deteriorate as soon as you cross the Alberta border and don't improve until you hit Manitoba.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Some country folks put their laundry in a drum with a lid that seals tight and let the rough roads wash their clothes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would feel right at home on those roads - most of ours seem to be in pretty bad shape too.

    ReplyDelete