Sunday 28 June 2020

Random thoughts

After owning my 2010 Ford Ranger Sport RWD for over a year I still like it. The gas mileage could be a bit better. The suspension is slightly too stiff, you tend to bounce on some uneven roads. It is a little on the small side. Other than that I have no complaints. The prairies have experienced a fair amount of rain this year and a lot of the gravel roads have been soft with high sports. The truck is much better suited for this than my car. It has enough power to pull out and pass someone on the highway which is great since I can tend to be impatient at times. If I am going on a trip I put my luggage in a Rubbermaid container in the truck bed under the tonneau cover. It is just the right size for my underground parking spot. I am going to drive it until it dies.

10 comments:

  1. When you get something that works....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, it's no Toyota, but I guess it'll do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have the extended cab which has a smoother ride than the standard cab. It rides like a truck. The greatest enemy to your truck is rust but they don't rust quite as quick as a Toyota. Properly maintained the Ranger can easily go 400-500 thousand kilometres. For questions on it go to https://ford-rangers.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. My Ranger is a 2008 model but it's been a good little truck. Identical in colour to yours but mine has the older style "slats" grill. Happy trails (if it ever stops raining)!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're happy with it - liking your wheels is a huge bonus. We love our Rav4 and would get another one in a heartbeat but not until we've driven this one into the ground.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've got a 2003 standard cab with a 5 speed that I bought from my cousin. It now has 139,000 miles on it. The more time goes by the more I like it. I've put a fair amount of money into it since I bought it 5 years ago but I figure it sure beats the payments on a new $45,000 pickup.
    The biggest improvement I've made to it is to put oversized tires (I tend to hauls heavy loads of firewood) with the most aggressive snow tires I could find. It's 2wd and my ranch gets slick as a gut in the winter. I don't believe I've so much as slipped a wheel with those new tires.
    I got a whole new appreciation for it about a year ago when a stranger asked me if I wanted to sell it. He thinks they're the best little pickups ever made. Anyhow, It's perfect for me. Good mileage and easy for me go get in and out of with my old knees.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. Appreciate the info.

      Delete
    2. And thanks for your blog. Your photos are soothing for the soul. Much appreciated in these turbulent times.

      Delete