Tuesday 17 April 2018

New camera

Easter weekend I bought a Nikon Coolpix P900 and finally had an opportunity to get out and use it.

I did a minor zoom on this sitting in a field.


The zoom lens let me get closer.


I wanted to see just how good the telephoto lens was. I was able to read the manufacterer's information stamped on one of the blades when I zoomed in. This is not new stuff to anyone that has had a decent camera and a telephoto lens. Until now I have just owned inexpensive cameras so this is fun new territory for me.


While I was at it I thought I would try to be a bit artistic. I like the result.


6 comments:

  1. New camera, new truck, now all you need is for spring to arrive!
    Reading the label on the blades is really a good test!

    Lake Bemidji still has ice, the 6 years I lived up there it was always gone by my first son's birthday on the 28th of April.
    http://www.paulbunyan.net/weathernews/webcam/lakefront.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Took a look. Definitely ice on the lake.

      Delete
  2. Yay, you are rock'n it with the new ride & camera! Windmills are sadly disappearing from here. Love your photos of this one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I thought you did good work with the old one. Enjoy the new one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looked at the specs - that's some powerful zoom. It's a darn telescope!

    ReplyDelete