Friday 6 January 2017

Shandro Community Hall, January 1, 2017

This is right beside Highway 857 a few miles south of where the highway crosses the North Saskatchewan River in Alberta. The building has sign on the front stating the building is unsafe. You do not see many stone buildings like this in Alberta. It is also a big stone building, the few that I have seen were not this big. I imagine it would have been fairly expensive to build.


The sign is badly faded. It says Shandro Community Hall with a date I think is 1935.


I keep saying I should stop doing dumb things like hike through fields in temperatures in the -25C range. At this point I know that is not going to happen.


3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful building! I love stone. Thank you for trekking out there to get those pics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one would have sucked me right in too. I love stone buildings... my grandfather was a stone mason and made some beautiful things... stone walls and a building he used as a little gas station/grocery store. Thanks for the pictures... be careful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cool...worth a visit in the summer I say!

    ReplyDelete