Sunday 8 January 2017

Perspective matters

I was reading through various internet sites due to a bit of insomnia. I ran across an great little story that someone had posted. He had a friend that whenever he did any activity involving travel or camping he would always tell everyone what an awesome time he had. So he joined him on a trip and thought it was just an okay time after it was over. The trip seemed to be nothing special. 


About a few weeks later he heard his buddy tell some other people about the trip and it sounded like a fantastic time. He mentioned to one of his other friends that he was there and he did not get why his buddy was so excited and why it sounded like he had the time of his life. The friend told him that maybe his buddy appreciates it more. Upon hearing this observation the guy had an epiphany. His buddy had a totally different attitude on life. His attitude made his life great. His buddy likely knew something he did not and he decided to look at things differently. After doing this everything seemed better for him. 

A change in perspective can work wonders. We come this way but once.

2 comments:

  1. Great post and I totally agree. I've met many people who take life with a "poor me" attitude, and surprise, life sucks for them. If you approach life with a positive attitude, great things happen. I'm not saying a positive attitude cures everything - some situations are just bad - but your perspective has a lot to do with you how you experience things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always like this quote from Abraham Lincoln, “Folks are usually about as happy as they make their minds up to be.” I usually have a positive attitude but I have my gloomy spells from time to time. I remind my son who is prone to negativity that happiness is a choice... choose to be happy. I know it is easier said than done but it can be done.

    ReplyDelete