Wednesday 31 August 2016

Taking photos

I have read a few rants on some photo sites from photographers. There are some stating that the older ways were better when you had to develop photos in a darkroom and you had to learn the craft. The complaint is that since cameras and digital photography are easily accessible to everyone now everybody thinks they are a photographer. 

I think the ones that have talent and creativity will always rise above. The same with any field. I see it from a different angle. With good digital cameras being available at inexpensive prices more people can get involved. I like to run across other people out in the middle of nowhere taking photos. To me it means people are getting out and exploring their environment instead of staying at home playing video games. There may even be a few people out there who may discover they have a hidden talent. 

4 comments:

  1. While it's true that anyone can take a picture, to take a picture that is art requires an artist holding the camera! You are such an artist my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the art is in the photographer, not the camera.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your camera is like the artist brush, a tool to be used by a true artist.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to agree with the above statements. Although what you said also has merit. Certainly it is better to be out and about than playing video game...or is that generational? : )

    ReplyDelete