Monday 16 December 2019

Ukrainian Greek Orthodox of St. Ascension Day - Pruth Church

The stone marker beside the church says it is a Catholic Church, the county map says it is an Greek Orthodox Church. Either way it is one of those nice little churches of this type that you see in rural Alberta. I drove by this on a Sunday and there was no activity so I am guessing it does not see regular use.



There used to be more activity here years ago. This is the old hall across the road. Now it is quiet with not much going on.


5 comments:

  1. Nice looking church, I like the hall too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really doesn't look like a Catholic church - perhaps both churches used it at one time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am speechless! I just made a comment on the, "South of Wynyard, Saskatchewan" post, about the two graves belonging to my great great grandparents on my mother's side. Immediately after, I clicked on this page, not realizing that it would take me to Pruth church. This is where my paternal grandparents were married in 1934! Something strange is happening here! I can see there's also a photo of Spasa Moskalyk Church. I'll go there now. My paternal grandparents' farm was right next to it! Thanks so much for the wonderful photos.

    ReplyDelete