Friday 27 December 2019

Need a few more days to do nothing

Christmas is always a bit of a rush. On the twenty-fourth I drove two and one half hours to spend Christmas Day at my sister's place. I got a hotel room for that night because I had a free room from a promotion that had to be used by a certain date and they did not have their spare room set up for company. It was quieter that way. 

Christmas Day I drove the five minutes from my hotel to my sister's place for breakfast. Then I drove half an hour to visit a friend, then back to my sister's place for dinner. Dinner was roast beef, which was good, I just had my heart set on turkey. You can't always get what you want. After dinner I drove two and one half hours home. Nothing against my sister and her family, they are good people. They keep their place too cold and I would rather spend the night in my own place. I was back around nine-thirty.

Boxing Day was spent with the phone turned off and doing nothing. One of the best gifts I could have given myself.

7 comments:

  1. I'm feeling post-Christmas laziness right now too. Just need to take a breather from all the goings-on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good way to spend the day but, like always, home is best. I always go into sloth mode after Dec. 25th so curling up with a good book (or a dozen) is just the thing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Christmas with family is good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ...doing nothing can be good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Christmas as wonderful as it is, can take it out of you.

    ReplyDelete