Sunday 26 February 2017

The Gray Homestead February 20, 2017

I have been here before and posted it before. The last time I was here it was in September 2015 and it was pouring rain. This time I wanted to see it in better weather. This is along Highway 886 north of Cereal, Alberta. The house sticks out as there is nothing else around in this lonely part of the province.






When I travel I like to have my girlfriend with me. She loves to take photos as well. A lot of times I have someone with me on roadtrips.


The view south of the house along Highway 886.

5 comments:

  1. Wow! That house really is out in the middle of nowhere, isn't it. I wonder if there were other houses nearby at one time that have long since disappeared, or if this one was always alone. And if so, why would someone build a home so far from anything else.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That would be normal, farms were often as far as 5 miles apart

      Delete
  2. I know it well, part of the area I grew up in. Great shots BW!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do you know anything about who Marion Edith Dahl (Gray) was?

      Delete
  3. Nice! I love that they put a plaque on it.

    ReplyDelete