Tuesday 12 December 2023

Still here

Posting has been nonexistent for the last week.

Still trying to get past this irritating cold that I thought I had killed off days ago.

Mom's birthday was December 9 and mom turned eighty-two. My sister and I visited mom and took her out for dinner. I try to get out to visit mom once a week. My recent visits were a bit limited lately as I did not want to get mom sick.

This is a bit of depressing time of year. It is dark when I go to work and dark when I get home. So far it is not much of a winter, there is a bit of snow on the ground and the temperatures are mild. The longer this continues the shorter winter will be.

4 comments:

  1. Hope you soon get over whatever type of grunge you have. Like you, I find this time of year depressing, but then again, you know how much I hate winter!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The other side of the coin is that people pay to go to Anchorage or Fairbanks to get really cold while observing the marvelous night sky and are full of hope to see the northern lights.

    Years ago, using film, I had to really work to get good night photos. I don't know how the good digital cameras work now as I don't have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you manage to shake that cold soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I wonder if your cold times are better than the 5 months of 100 degree weather in south Texas.

    ReplyDelete