Thursday 8 June 2023

Side quests

Whenever I am in a small town I keep an eye out for the post office. For some reason I like to find small fully functioning post offices. I also stop to check out bulletin boards if I see one, I like to see what is posted. We all have our quirks, I know a guy who is obsessed with Boler trailers and when he spots them in the wild he takes a photo.

This post office is in Crawford Bay, British Columbia. Apparently the smallest post office in western Canada is in Metiskow, Alberta but I think this one comes close.


 

7 comments:

  1. I like small town post offices too! Usually they are the hub of the community.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My nephew did a yearlong quest of visiting every post office in New Hampshire. He photographed them and uploaded the photos to his Instagram page.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Neat! I also know a guy who like Bolers...must be the same guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. From what I remember, Crawford Bay normally has decent weather. One year, they had the nice weather for an entire week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The post office in Buffalo, Alberta is open on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays and is the only place for miles around where you can grab a Coke, bag of chips and a chocolate bar.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like rainy days. Nice Post office in puddles in the pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I suspect post offices will be more and more a thing of the past and before long they'll be on photographers lists to see, just like churches and schoolhouses are now.

    ReplyDelete