Friday 30 June 2023

49.58502, -114.95772

Yesterday's post was the old cemetery in Hosmer, British Columbia. This one features two of the old concrete buildings. There is a third one that is on private property. For a short time Hosmer was a coal mining town.

I do not know what these buildings were specifically used for.

It has been over thirty years since I have been here. I lived in the area when I was in Grade Eleven and Twelve. It is obviously more overgrown. Some areas inside someone put up fencing as a safety measure. You cannot see these from the main road, if you drove by you would not know they are here.


Remains of an old conveyor beside it.


There is a tunnel underneath the first one as well.









I dislike taggers but I have to admit this one has talent.


Second building.



4 comments:

  1. I like that graffiti too! I hope you're getting out and about this long weekend and going on an adventure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Real cool find, I bet I could've hung out there for horurs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That looks like a place an old mechanical designer like me would like to tour back when it was operating. Thanks for the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoyed seeing these photos - maybe the normal person not knowing they are there is a good thing and has kept them relatively unscathed as far as graffiti goes.

    ReplyDelete