Tuesday 28 July 2020

Too warm to sleep

Our first really hot day this year. Eleven at night and could not sleep due to the heat. So I put on my helmet and gloves and took the motorcycle down the highway for a quick ride. Next time I will make sure there is gas in the tank. Ten gas stations and one was open. 

Once I got on the highway it was dark, no traffic, just my headlights slicing through the night and a crescent moon high up on my right as I headed south. Did a loop on an overpass and headed home. Nice cool night air and a fun forty minutes. 

Off to bed to attempt sleep again.

3 comments:

  1. Watch for deer on those night rides.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good way to ease into some sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you got some sleep! Nice to have that feeling of being the only one on the road.

    ReplyDelete