Thursday 23 July 2020

Maxstone, Saskatchewen

If anything else existed in Maxstone all there is now is a church and a school. I made a weekend trip with this as my target. I got there and got five photos before it started to rain. Actually it poured. I retreated into my truck and tried to get photos out an open window. The rain came in at a forty-five degree angle. After wiping water off my camera lens multiple times I finally gave up.

There is a number to contact someone for a tour of the church. If I am back in the area I will call it. The church is original inside, it did not appear locked but I could not get access. A project for another time.




5 comments:

  1. To build something to abandon it....sad but leaves beautiful "footprints" to trace the path of the men and woman that lived in the area generations ago.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had those same feeling at the National Navajo Monument in Arizona. They came, built something real and abandoned it within a few years.

      Delete
  2. Ah the year of the rains. It may yet be remembered for the rain ☔ as readily as it is remembered for COVID-19. The rain was your friend though as it gave you spectacular shots. I especially like the close up photos of the old church.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great photos! The church against that forbidding sky is pretty spectacular.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the actual townsite is about half a km south on the other side of the tracks. Neither Goog nor Bing identify it, but a railway siding scar is visible, and there is still activity there.

    /DW

    ReplyDelete