Sunday 17 February 2019

Whatever happened to . . .

. . . cheap yellow pads? It is kind of weird how things disappear over time. I am doing my taxes and some studying for a course this weekend. When I was a full time student I used to buy stacks of cheap yellow writing pads to write pages upon pages of notes. The paper was rough with no finish to it, in fact the paper looked like wood pulp in some cases. The pads were perfect because I was not keeping the notes when I was done. I would write and rewrite the same things to help me organize and remember course material. An added bonus is that my handwriting would get better with constant repetition for when I needed to write a test. Anything I wanted to ever keep for notes I would type and keep in a better format.

I went looking for the cheap yellow pads recently and they were damn hard to find. I believe the issue is that everything is done on computer these days, even the final exams for courses. Fewer people write anymore which I think makes people just a little dumber.

For those that are curious I am getting a refund. It will go towards the road trip fund. 


5 comments:

  1. I think I saw some in Walmart today near the kid's crayons.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our local Staples carries them too (or did when I bought some a couple of years ago).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did eventually find them at a Staples. What I was trying to say is that I used to find them in lots of places. I had to really hunt to find them this time.

      Delete
  3. The kids are using iPads now BW. it’s the coolest thing I ever saw: your cheap yellow paper comes up on the screen, and the stylus writes in ‘ink’ that looks like it came from those cheap Bic ballpoints we used to get.

    ReplyDelete