Friday 15 December 2017

Ennerdale School

One room schoolhouse that operated until 1959 and after it was a community centre. It sits long abandoned slowly being reclaimed by nature.

I have actually driven by this abandoned location a couple of times without knowing it is there. It is right beside a road and if you are not paying attention it is easy to miss. It is well hidden by trees and brush which makes it difficult to get some great photos. A friend of mine alerted me to its location. I did not bother trying to look inside. It is a classic one room school and one of the few remaining in this province.





6 comments:

  1. Nice one, BW. I, for one, enjoy the reclamation process.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The waste always bums me out, but no-one generally even wants to live in such areas anymore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful old schoolhouse. And really good pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My precioussss. Love this place, glad you saw it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have good memories of the one room school I went to as a kid. Long ago and far away...

    ReplyDelete
  6. On my list, i lived near this school for a few years didn’t even know it existed 🤣

    ReplyDelete