Wednesday 6 January 2016

Just south of Rosebud, Alberta

Out and about on January 2, 2016 taking a spin through the countryside. 


I saw this just south of Rosebud, Alberta. It is a school marker that I have not seen before. The school lasted only six years. The stone marker is unique.


I have been this way before and I have never seen these red school markers. I saw two other ones that day not far from here. They might be new. Encana is an oil and gas company and I did not know that they sponsored historical markers. I have not seen similar sponsorship on other sites. I kind of have mixed feelings about this. I like the fact that local history is being preserved, I am not sure I like company sponsorships on historic sites.


1 comment:

  1. It's nice that they are sponsoring the historical society. I'm all for it as long as they don't try to rewrite the history.

    ReplyDelete