Tuesday, 22 September 2026

September

The time does, and does not, fly by. Time recently dragged as somehow I hurt myself somehow through day to day living and was raiding my painkillers for a number of days. I look back at summer and there was more that I wanted to accomplish. With luck I can squeeze some activities into the fall.

Life gets in the way of adventures. I recently found out that the wife of a friend of mine has a third recurrence of cancer. This time it is inoperable. Treatments will start again, there is no telling how long she has, maybe a few years. I had tried to meet up a few times this year, our schedules did not match.

My cousin’s daughter has kind of adopted me. We had kept in contact through the years. When I had the accident she visited me several times in the hospital and has kept tabs on me on a regular basis and we have become closer. I am happy to have someone looking out for me and have been bringing her up to speed on my personal matters should anything nasty happen to me again. Her and her husband work hard and have two great kids. They have a small farm and she raised some turkeys. She did not have the time to kill and prep the birds so she had someone do it for her, a business called Mother Pluckers. Love the name.

No comments:

Post a Comment