Tuesday 30 July 2024

Got an update for you

I got picked up from the Glenrose Hospital at seven this morning and taken to the University of Alberta Hospital for x-rays and a follow-up meeting with my surgeon. Everything looks good. No bad news. He is pleased with my progress. 

My stay at the Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital has been extended into September. I will have more time to get stronger and get better at walking. 

I got to use a four-wheel walker for the first time yesterday. It is harder than it looks. I have a two-wheel walker in my room to practice with under supervision. That means I can use it with a nurse in the room to watch me. More progress being made. 

5 comments:

  1. I'm glad the doctor is pleased. Good news on starting with a 4-wheeler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent news! Glad they're giving you the time you need, and now some flexibility to practice when you feel like it...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a productive care system to me. Good Luck.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sure you don't want to have to stay for longer but you need to make sure you're mobile enough to deal on your own. It sounds like they are being careful and being sure you're good before they spring you loose.

    ReplyDelete