Saturday 5 August 2023

Need versus doing something because I felt like it

I did not need another motorcycle but I bought one anyway.

I wanted one. I got tired of thinking about it.

I bought a 2018 Kawasaki Versys 300X. I wanted something to take on some extended gravel roads and a few trails. I bought it earlier this week and finally got around to taking it for a ride last night. I would have taken it for a ride earlier however like I have said previously, I have been busy.

First impressions: I like it. It is light, and easy to maneuver. If I happen to lay it down on a trail it is easy enough to lift up. For only being 296cc it will still do about eighty miles an hour on the highway, not that I have had it flat out on the highway yet. It has plenty of zip. I like the ride position. It will take me a few rides to get used to its quirks.

I will certainly feel better riding this into off road places instead of using my car.


4 comments:

  1. Still plenty of summer left to get lots of rides in!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You'd best bring that by my place - I'm in southern Orygun - for a check-it-out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Doesn't every motorcycle enthusiast need at least two? Mind you, I wouldn't know, never having been on one.

    ReplyDelete