Tuesday 26 March 2019

Scraping the post cupboard once again

Trying to get back on track with some better posts for the blog.

I have been trying to finish up stuff with my recent condo purchase. I had three deliveries on March 16 consisting of a sofa, bedroom furniture, and a washer and dryer. I had a washer and dryer that came with the condo and they probably worked fine. They were old and ugly and I decided to get new ones.

When I purchased the washer and dryer I told the sales guy that I needed stackable units that were going to be installed in an apartment style condo. With the washer and dryer I bought a new vent hose for the dryer and new hoses for the washer. Before leaving the store I asked him again if I had everything I needed for the installation. When Saturday rolled around the delivery guys dropped them off and asked me for the stacking kit. I did not have one and as a result I did not have my washer and dryer installed. After my deliveries were done I drove to the store and found a salesman and politely informed him I was not pleased. My installation was rescheduled. I was asked if I wanted them to send the stacking kit with the installation guys. I said I would take it myself and that way I would be sure that i had everything there. My washer and dryer were set up a week later. I used them last night, very quiet.

My bedroom furniture was fine except that I had to put together the bed frame. That had a wood headboard, and a wood frame. I went to put it together with the help of a friend and we discover that the bolts that came with it were the wrong size. In fact they did not come close to being the right size. We managed to find some bolts at a hardware store that got the job done. At least the sofa delivery was free of any problems.

I had a plumber over to check over some items. Since my unit was a foreclosure everything was "as is" under the terms of the sale. I thought my dishwasher was no good and that my hot water tank needed to be replaced. Both turned out to be fine. The unit has two bathrooms, the innards of one toilet were replaced. Both flush with power to spare. The kitchen sink that I thought was leaking underneath is watertight. I got off relatively cheap with the plumber.

Coffee cups seem to be a hard item to buy. Walmart did not have any decent ones. Neither did some of the usual spots where I thought I would find them. There are a lot of ugly coffee cups out there. I finally found some at a home decor store that are the size I wanted. When I get up in the morning I want a cup that holds a good-sized cup of coffee. Seven dollars a cup is more than I wanted to pay however they look good, hold a good amount of coffee, and have enough weight and heft to them that I could probably pound nails with them so they should outlive me. They also had beer glasses there as well so that got crossed off the list. I need to find some Waterford crystal one of these days so that anyone who may visit will think I have more class than I actually possess.

This weekend I am picking up the mother's car on Saturday, driving it into the city to get a switch replaced at the dealer, then driving it back, then going home. That is a little over an hour of driving each way. That should take up my Saturday. So once I free up some time I should have some better posts on this blog. That is the problem, finding the time to get out and about after all of the little things get squared away.


5 comments:

  1. Your posts are doing just fine. QUIT WORRYING. Blogs are for fun not worry. I will be here to read when it gets here to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I need to worry. I only have a couple of loyal readers.

      Delete
  2. Waterford crystal! Hoo boy! I only ever use Ukrainian crystal myself (plastic). My Ukrainian Rare One taught me that joke and it's still one of my favourites.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Barney is right, this should be fun! I'll bet you'll feel a whole lot better once you see your first brb this spring!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Life gets in the way. My blogging has been way down - too much work. :(

    ReplyDelete