Sunday 17 June 2018

McConnell School

This is north of Oyen, Alberta. It is just a little west off Highway 41 down a dirt road. Well, more dirt than gravel. I am not a fan of dirt roads. Even in ideal conditions they can be a pain. 


Small one room schoolhouse that I managed to get to just as the sun was going down. I love how the historical society in this area went to the trouble of tagging school locations with markers in out of the way places that few people would ever see. It is a simple square building.




6 comments:

  1. Your final photo is wonderful -- gives the old school a dignified, epic look like it's secure in its place in Eternity.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must try to visit this one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I forgot to mention that Jenn from westofthefifthmeridian.blogspot.com told me about this one. I stopped here on my way to Kindersley, Saskatchewan that day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My father and my uncle went to school here. I love that landscape!

    ReplyDelete