Thursday 8 March 2018

It's only Thursday . . .

The one storey building I work in is fairly old and the owner is cheap. In the three years that I have worked in this building the tar and gravel roof has been patched multiple times. Every time when snow on the roof started to melt, or when it rained, buckets would have to be placed in various spots to catch the leaks. It was common to come into the office in the morning and find a pool of water on the floor. Patching the roof never worked. Existing leaks still leaked and new leaks would be discovered.

The owner finally caved. Since Thursday last week the roof is being replaced. It is definitely not a quiet job. During office hours I have had roofers bashing away at the roof above for eight hours a day stripping the old roof. The roofers like eighties rock music at loud levels. The noise is so loud I cannot speak to clients on the phone in my office. Aside from the noise is the smell of hot tar being applied to sections of the roof at different times. Every day when I leave for the day I have a nasty headache. I am not complaining, they have a job to do and they are doing what they need to do to get it done.

At this point I am truly looking forward to the weekend.

3 comments:

  1. Flat roofs are never a good idea in a climate like Alberta's.

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol I would definitely complain to whoever would listen....work is bad enough with out the added smells and noise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lol - Only one more day, my friend!

    ReplyDelete