Thursday 23 November 2017

Pen to paper

I admit to a bit of a pen obsession. I usually buy a small handful of pens at a time. I like inexpensive pens that write decently. Through use, and forgetting where I put various pens, I found myself in need of some more pens. On the weekend I dropped into one of the few remaining stationery stores left and bought from pens from the ever diminishing selection. I am irritated to find they no longer carry Staedler pens. The world is becoming a sadder place.


I loved these when you could buy them.




Now that I have found another favourite they will stop making it.

5 comments:

  1. Oh yes, I used the Staedler Uni-ball pens exclusively for years -- loved their smooth ink flow. I was disappointed too when they were discontinued a few years ago. But an adequate substitute can be found in the Pilot V-Ball Grip (O7) pen, if Faber-Castell ever craps out on you too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I use the Pilot ones as well. I use several different pens for no particular reason.

      Delete
  2. I can’t do pens, they freeze in winter and explode in summer. I went to the Staedler mechanical drafting pencils 20 years ago and never looked back.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Always loved my classic Parker ballpoint.

    In '69 I received a Fisher Space Pen from my Dad - it still works!

    My favorite everyday pen is the black, med. point Pentel Rolling Writer. For some reason they handle better with the cap attached while writing.
    Points are somewhat fragile.

    =TW=

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When I took university courses at the start of every semester I would buy a new Parker Jotter pen. They were about ten dollars then. I put down miles of ink with those.

      Delete