"It was at this location the athe first school in the area was built in 1911. It was named Endiang S.D. #2253 after the original settlement of Endiang, located about two and a half miles to the northwest.
Unfortunately the school burned down in 1917, classes were held at the U.F.A. Hall at the original site of Endiang. Where the school was rebuilt it was located one mile south of the original location, again named Endiang School.
The railway came through the area in 1925 and the new town of Endiang sprang up. in 1927 the Wideawake School burned down and it was decided to build the new school in the new town in 1928."
|November 6, 2016|
This is on a back road east of Endiang and there is not much in Endiang these days. Nice little bit of history. There were a few towns that came into existence then when a railway came they moved the town to be closer to the railway. It is surprising how many rural one room schools burned down and were rebuilt.