Monday 5 December 2016

Mountain Mill United Church

A little west of Pincher Creek, Alberta on November 27, 2016. The sign on the bell says "Mountain Mill United Church 1906". It is kind of hidden in a bit of a valley on a side road. It is a small church. This is not one of my more successful trips. When I was there taking photos of the outside there was a car parked out in front. A vehicle also drove down the hill to observe me for a few minutes then drove off. I noticed someone inside the church and I knocked just to let them know I was there so I did not accidentally scare someone.

An older lady answered and I asked if I could get a photo of the inside. That was not going to happen. She told me she was there to take measurements for chair skirts or bench cushions. I was told there is a service on the third Sunday of every month and I could come back for a service on December 18, 2016 and take some photos then. Never mind that it is over two and a half hours for me to drive here. I decided not to push it. The inside is beautiful. She was a little nervous and rural properties do get targeted by criminals. Sometimes you just have to plan to come back another day. If I get the chance I want to get an interior shot in the future. These photos do not do this place justice. 

To get a better idea of this place visit the following:





1 comment: