Monday, 1 June 2015

Danish Lutheran Church, Vega, Alberta

Vega, Alberta May 16, 2015 road trip to the Klondyke Ferry with my cousin and her friend. This was a stop along the way. I like to check out old schools and churches among other things. There is a trailer off to the side of the church, the kind you see on construction sites. There was someone at the trailer and what sounded like a generator running. Whoever it was ignored our presence. I looked and did not find anything saying when the church was built. I am reasonably sure it is Danish in origin.


I am not overly religious however I have a certain fondness for churches. Right front window.


Left front window.


The church was unlocked so I took a couple of inside photos. Not sure if this is being renovated or torn down. The pews are gone and I get the feeling it is being parted out. I hope it is saved in some form or another. 


I really like the look of this. There is something about the simple artwork.


1 comment:

  1. Goodness - I hope they save those wonderful windows!!!

    ReplyDelete