Monday 27 April 2015

Elkton, Alberta

After getting sick of being sick I took the bike for a ride after work. I should mention that this was on March 26, 2015. Riding a motorcycle in March in Alberta is a little unexpected. I really should have waited until I was completely healthy but patience is not one of my virtues. In my numerous travels on Highway 22 I had seen a barely noticeable sign pointing the way to Elkton. I turned off Highway 22 west onto Township Road 312 and quickly found what was left of Elkton. I have no idea if someone is still using the school. There is a ball diamond in back. A little bit down the road is a neat looking abandoned two storey home that looks like it was part of the original town. It is also on someone's land with a mobile home in front of it that the occupant is living in. The place apparently had a post office many years ago. You find some interesting things on the back roads. From what I saw on Google Maps I thought there was only a campground in the area.


March 26, 2015


I am sure someone can figure out what this structure was for.




2 comments:

  1. That's a mighty fancy one.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey my family actually owns this piece of land! It’s cool to see that it’s getting written about

    ReplyDelete