Thursday 15 August 2024

Random thoughts

I have not posted much recently.

August 16 marks the six month anniversary of the event that placed me in the hospital.

Life has been a bit of a struggle lately. There have been some pain-filled days. There are days when it is damn hard trying to get bone, flesh, and the metal holding me together to cooperate. Some days when I am trying to walk I get horrible stabbing pain in my thigh muscles and I cannot continue.

What walking I am doing is with the aid of a two-wheeled walker or a four-wheeled walker. I can stop, take my hands off the walker, and stand in place with no problems. My balance is good. I cannot walk without my arms supporting me using a walker or some other surface. Yet.

Right now both my legs are wrapped from my ankle to just below my knee in compression bandages to combat the constant swelling in my feet. I have put up with this for a day so far. It seems to be working.

4 comments:

  1. Your six months of persistence and resilience are admirable. Keep up the good work. I know you'll be back at home and back to your independent life soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Due to vein issues in my right leg, swelling will occur. I find that controlling my salt intake helps in reducing the swelling. The down side of that is low blood pressure and dizziness when standing.
    Ole Grump

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sure you have days when you just want to stay in bed with the covers over your head, but you are persevering and that's hugely admirable. All you can do is keep on doing what the professionals tell you to do and know that one day it will be worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 6 months. Seems like yesterday, yet long ago. I can't fathom how it feels from your side of the situation. Probably like forever ago and no end in sight. You've made good progress, your doctors and therapists would let you know otherwise. And it's quite suitable to have a right proper sulk about it all on occasion.

    ReplyDelete