Wednesday 14 February 2024

Cpt Mo Wednesday

Cpt Mo gets some interesting photos.

I have seen skunks many times, I have never managed to get a photo of one.

Years ago I lived in a three storey walk up apartment building in St. Albert, Alberta. A family of skunks made their home under the front sidewalk one year. You would come home from work and see kits playing on the lawn. To my knowledge no one got sprayed. Those were the days when I did not carry a camera with me. I would love to get some photos of some in the wild.

5 comments:

  1. That skunk looks very dejected. He must have lost the cribbage game.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pepé Le Pew is sniffing out some delicacy beneath the snow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They arch like that so they can pounce better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not so interesting when cleaning the barn corner where pallets were stacked when you bought the place and uncover a skunk nest and they decide to both retaliate by squirt full force unto your chest...

    ReplyDelete
  5. We had a motion sensor light behind our house and one night a friend was picking me up and so when the light came on I assumed it was her and dashed out the door, straight into the path of a very large skunk. I wasn't long back pedaling in to the house. We also had a family of them nearby and often saw three baby skunks playing in our yard.

    ReplyDelete