Monday 5 December 2022

The dishwasher chronicles

Bought a dishwasher last month.

November 29th it was supposed to be delivered. Received a phone call before eight in the morning that they did not have a truck available. They can deliver it on December 5.

It is December 5th and my dishwasher was supposed to be delivered this morning. Got a call that the truck was loaded in the wrong order so where I was to be first on the list I was now close to last on the list as my dishwasher was in the back of the truck. Fine, not a big deal.

This afternoon they deliver my dishwasher. It is has a stainless steel finish. I ordered black, my other appliances are black. I politely told them to take it back and bring me a black one. I await an update as to when I can get my black dishwasher.

The saga continues.

7 comments:

  1. It's Monday... Maybe tomorrow they'll find yours?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aychihuahua. Hope you get the right dishwasher soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This seems to be happening everywhere, in every profession. Two examples here in the Sierra foothills-

    Waste Management couldn't find enough drivers to man their recycling pickup rig. We went for almost two months without. Things got straightened out when a WM manager got called before the county board of supervisors and now service is back to normal. But I have a feeling that somewhere there is a wheel that's not quite so squeaky that's doing without service.

    Different industry- My wife's prescriptions are filled by Rite Aid. Not only do they not have the counter help they need, they only have one pharmacist. Call in a prescription and you're lucky if it gets filled in less than a week and that's only when they have what they need to make what you need. They have half the staff they need to operate efficiently, and all day long they deal with a long line of upset customers.

    Good help has always been hard to find, but now there's just not enough people willing to work at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should have started this back in August. I would have had it by now.

      Delete
  4. Sears would not have done that, back when there was a Sears.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When there was a Sears it could be quite good.

      Delete
  5. Oh my - it IS becoming a saga isn't it. Hope you get the new one (the RIGHT one!) in time for Christmas.

    ReplyDelete