Wednesday 16 June 2021

Not much happening

I am into week three of the new job. Same type of work, just a different company and a different computer system. I do not like this system and I am still trying to get used to its quirks and how it organizes and files information. On the plus side the pay is a little better and the support for my position is a lot better. My day starts and ends a half hour earlier than the prior place and the travel time is about the same, maybe a minute or two less. Do I enjoy the job? It is a job that pays the bills and allows me to put away a bit of money so hopefully I can retire sooner.

I am doing my best to throw myself into the thick of things to get up to speed as soon as possible. This place hired me and I want to show them that they made a good choice. At the same time I am feeling unmotivated at times as it will soon be summer. A bit hard to work when it is bright and warm outside. For some reason I am feeling absolutely exhausted at the end of the day. It may be due to the season.

At prior jobs I would infrequently take a minute or two to work on this blog during the day, usually during lunch. I never told anyone at any workplace that I had a blog, I like to keep some things to myself. The work always has priority and got done and sometimes I worked through lunch to get something done for a client.  During lunch after eating and with nothing pressing I need something to fill the time. I usually set up a draft at home, review it later, then schedule and post. I only have a laptop and a tablet at home, there are desktops at work which made it a little easier. Anyway my blogging has been a bit interrupted. What I need to do is upgrade my home setup.

The post cupboard is getting bare. Something else I have to fix as posts are infrequent. I am working on it.

4 comments:

  1. Not every job is perfection unfortunately, but sometimes better hours and a little more pay make it a bit more bearable. Even more important is the work environment - and it sounds as though you have landed in a better spot as far as that's concerned. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Things will work themselves out; they always do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I personally would rather have you happy (and if it fits, writing posts) than see more frequent posts that are written when you feel unhappy A infrequent happy post is worth 2 unhappy frequent posts so to say.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Time for a road trip somewhere. I still favour the area west of Ponoka as who knows what lurks among the trees west of the QE-II

    ReplyDelete