Thursday 7 November 2019

Various notes

My furnace decided to wake me up about twenty minutes after three this morning. It was kicking in/kicking out every few seconds accompanied by an noise that it should not be making and blowing cold air.

Got up, managed to shut it off, then phoned a furnace guy after eight this morning. Two hours later he showed up and got to work. He replaced the circuit board and found out that was not the issue. It was not that cold outside and the heat in my unit only dropped to 15C. Some more troubleshooting and he got it fixed and I have heat once again. When I have to rely on a tradesman I tend to stay completely out of their way and let them do their job. I am sure the bill will tell me the solution to the problem. For now it is fixed before the real cold weather arrives. 

On my way to work I happened to be delayed because up ahead a house was being moved and it was blocking all the lanes. Not a mobile home, an actual house, which looked like a three bedroom bungalow with a double attached garage, on a trailer being towed by a truck in the direction I needed to go. You cannot make this stuff up - maybe you can, I am not that creative. Houses being moved down the highway tend not to move very fast. 

Today I started feeling like I was getting back to normal. My back is getting better. In the last week or so all of my joints were in pain and my neck was giving me issues. This all started happening after the Thanksgiving weekend. Hopefully things are getting back to normal. I had a few nights where I could not sleep due to the pain. If I was smarter I would have seen a doctor. Now there may be no need.

I am looking forward to a quiet weekend.

6 comments:

  1. Prayed that you'd have a quick recovery.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to hear you are on the mend.
    Unlike you I hang around when I have to have a tradesman doing repairs. They are usually very good about explaining what they are doing and why, and will often give me a break on the cost...
    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To clarify, I am nearby, I just do not hover. I still go over what they did when they are done.

      Delete
  3. Well, at least the furnace conked out and got fixed before it got to -20.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fortunate, if the furnace had to happen, that you were able to get a repairman quickly. Glad to hear your back is getting better....now just be careful not to do something to re-injure it!

    ReplyDelete