Friday 22 September 2017

Duty calls

Would love to escape on a pointless weekend road trip. Instead I will be visiting my mother. She broke her foot in late July and has been in a cast ever since. If nothing else it has kept her from driving and made the roads safer where she lives. She should be out of the cast by the end of this month. This weekend will be tending to whatever she needs done. That still does not mean you can rob my place when I am not home. Besides I have nothing.

I try to visit her at least once a month. I think she would like visits to be daily although she tends to forget that is not really possible when she is about three and a half hours away driving time.

3 comments:

  1. Time has a different meaning for the elderly. You're a good son.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are adult children who can't be bothered to drive across town to visit an aging parent. Brig is right - you are a good son.

    ReplyDelete