Monday 11 July 2016

Needles Ferry July 2, 2016

South of Nakusp, BC at Fauquier, BC crossing Arrow Lake. I got a bit of a kick out of seeing that livestock got priority boarding. There are farms in the area. I did not see any livestock. Definitely beware of logging trucks on these twisting and winding highways.

I was on this route to get to Edgewood on the other side of the lake. I found what I was looking for in Edgewood which turned out to be a disappointment. I was looking for a unique Anglican Church. It was there and it was no longer a church it was a residence. I did get to take the ferry back again right away.




This is a diesel powered cable ferry pulled across via cables suspended in the lake.





Log booms in the water.


Boom boat by the shore. There is no shortage of trees in British Columbia.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful country. Hate to get behind a log truck...

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is beautiful country. I like all those ferries you take...I have never been on one.

    I watched a movie once and there was a horrible scene with a log truck...won't be behind one either...

    On a more pleasant note, of course the cattle have the right of way, and load first...You know you can't make out in a horse drawn carriage right?.....Cause horses carry tales....; P

    ReplyDelete