Tuesday 16 January 2018

This is kind of interesting

Drove by this with a friend on January 14, 2018 who was nice enough to introduce me to some places in Vulcan County, Alberta. This looks like an abandoned farm. There is what looks like a grain elevator, it is likely a unique one of a kind granary. Behind it through the snow and fog is a windmill. These new windmills are huge and there are a few hundred in this area.


This is intriguing. If the side road was not covered in snow we would have got a closer look.

8 comments:

  1. This really has the look of a Jean Jack painting, love it.
    Not the darn wind turbine though, those I dislike, intensely.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am not a fan of the wind turbines. In this case I included it for scale. A lot of people have no idea now big they are.

      Delete
  2. I've found wind farms all over the place, a sign of the times (like cell towers).

    ReplyDelete
  3. From what I read, those turbines are turning out to be white elephants. Nice photos, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am not a fan (haha) of those turbines but I like how it looks in the photo, all foggy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are just hitting 'em outta the park lately BW!!!

    ReplyDelete